Connect with us

Alabama Crimson Tide

Alabama among 4-star TE’s top schools

Alabama has one tight end committed in its 2019 class in 4-star Chicago native Jahleel Billingsley.

It’s the top six for another 4-star standout in Keon Zipperer.

The Lakeland (Fla.) product took to Twitter on Friday evening to announce his list of finalists that also includes Florida, LSU, Miami, Oklahoma and Penn State in no particular order.


Zipperer visited Tuscaloosa early in 2018 and at one point has said he feels the Crimson Tide staff, led by his primary recruiter in offensive coordinator Mike Locksley, were making the biggest effort to sign him.

“It feels good coming from a winning program like Bama,” he said in the spring when Alabama was leaving the biggest impression.

Zipperer reaffirmed in the summer at The Opening Finals that the Tide would receive an official visit at some point in the fall.

“I just want to feel at home,” he said of what’s most important in his future decision. “If I feel at home, everything is good.”

Zipperer was in attendance for Alabama’s season opener against Louisville in Orlando last month.

Florida, where Zipperer is visiting this weekend for the LSU game, leads the 247Sports Crystal Ball with 77 percent of the predictions. Miami holds the remaining 23 percent of the picks.

At 6-foot-2, 240 pounds, Zipperer is rated the No. 4 tight end and the No. 133 overall player in the country, per the industry-generated 247Sports Composite Rankings.

Zipperer impressed at The Opening Finals earlier this summer in Dallas. 247Sports’ said the following his performance after his time in Texas:

“Lakeland Top247 tight end Keon Zipperer on the other hand might not have the ideal measurables that you want at the position, but his natural ball skills and soft hands helped account for 13 catches and three touchdowns. One of those scores was a one-handed effort of sorts where he tipped the ball to himself.”

The lines of communication appear to still be open between Zipperer and Alabama, hence the appearance in his top six, but it’s not clear whether the staff will push for a second tight end in the class at this time.

Alabama offered Billingsley in late May and landed him just a few short weeks later after hosting him on an official visit. The Phillips Academy product has been playing well thus far in his senior season, helping his team on both offense and defense.

The Tide currently ranks No. 2 in the nation behind Texas A&M on the industry-generated 247Sports Composite Team Recruiting Rankings with its 21 commitments. Remaining priority positions include inside linebacker and defensive line. 

For more news and notes on Alabama sports, follow BamaOnLine on Twitter

Not a VIP member of BamaOnLine? Sign up today and get a FREE 7-day trial!






Source Link

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advertisement
Advertisement

More in Alabama Crimson Tide