Remember to get a minute to believe about people impacted or killed by Sunday’s tornados. The American Red Cross accepts financial donations to its Disaster Reduction Fund and is generally wanting for blood donors: . High Socks for Hope, the charity co-started by previous Alabama pitcher David Roberson along with his spouse, has previously introduced it’ll be raising cash as nicely:
Today’s Crimson Tide plan
• Men’s golf: Alabama at Querencia Cabo Collegiate, all working day
How to check out, retain up with the Crimson Tide
• Men’s golf: Alabama at Querencia Cabo Collegiate, all working day, dwell outcomes
Yesterday’s Crimson Tide outcomes
• Junior Cierra Johnson had 22 details but women’s basketball dropped its closing sport of the normal time at Missouri, 82-47. With the decline the Crimson Tide (13-16, 5-11 SEC) will be the No. 11 seed in the SEC Match and get on the No. 14 seed in Vanderbilt at somewhere around 12:30 p.m. CT on Wednesday, in Greenville, S.C.
• The No. 20 men’s tennis group (11-3, 1-1 Southeastern Convention) played a three-hour match from traveling to Texas A&M, but missing 4-3 at the Roberta Baumgardner Indoor Facility. Meanwhile, the women’s group was swept at No. 24 Texas A&M, 4-.
• The No. 14 Alabama men’s golf group completed the to start with working day of the 2019 Querencia Cabo Collegiate in Mexico in 12thout of 13 teams, soon after shooting 17-above par 301. Sophomore Wilson Furr led the Crimson Tide at 1-above par 72, tied for 27th.
• Softball vs. Michigan Condition was cancelled.
Did you recognize?
• Regardless of getting 300-furthermore lbs, defensive lineman Quinnen Williams ran the 40-lawn dash in 4.83 seconds. He also did the vertical leap in 30.5 inches and a 112-inch broad leap. Williams did not participate in the three-cone drill or the shuttle operate. Defensive lineman Isaiah Buggs did the 40 in 5.15 seconds, a 24.5-inch vertical leap, 96-inch broad leap, the three-cone drill in 8.01 seconds and the shuttle operate in 4.83.
• Alongside the linebackers, Mack Wilson did a 32-inch vertical leap, and 117-inch broad leap, but elected to skip the 40 because of to a hamstring problem. Christian Miller scored a 38.5-inch vertical leap (fourth-ideal among the the linebackers) and 118-inch broad leap.
• Michael Casagrande of AL.com asked cornerback Savion Smith what transpired to him with his harm throughout the National Championship Video game.
• Protection Deionte Thompson termed his the latest wrist harm requiring surgical procedure a “freak accident in the fat room.” (paid out)
• Former Alabama cornerback Kendall Sheffield, who transferred and played the very last two seasons at Ohio Condition, suffered torn pectoral throughout bench push at the NFL combine.
• Wyman Townsel, who coached Freddie Kitchens for his to start with three football seasons at Etowah High School, informed the Beacon Journal/Ohio.com that Kitchens shares many traits with Hall of Fame quarterback Johnny Unitas.
• Cecil Hurt of the Tuscaloosa News: It is deja vu for Alabama basketball
• From Edwin Stanton, also of the Tuscaloosa News: Mike Riley makes triumphant return to Birmingham although handing the Iron its to start with decline of the AAF time.
• Trent Richardson scored his seventh touchdown for the Iron, but previous Alabama offensive linemen Korren Kirven and Brandon Green each still left the sport with apparent knee accidents and JC Hassenauer was previously out with a knee harm.
• For each Golfweek, Justin Thomas will fulfill with USGA officials soon after getting termed out on Twitter by the USGA PR for getting outspoken about how a great deal he does not like the rule variations
“It was a little stunning. It was a little upsetting just since it was inaccurate,” Thomas mentioned Sunday of the USGA’s claims. “I have not canceled nearly anything, primarily any conferences. But it is what it is, and all I want is the ideal for the sport of golf and the ideal for the sport, and that’s what we’re likely to carry on to try to converse with each and every other to get that.
“It is unlucky. It just was — it actually damage me.”
• From Alabama athletic director Greg Byrne:
Countdown to the Crimson Tide’s 2019 opener:
On this date in Crimson Tide history:
March 4, 2002: Director of Athletics Mal Moore officially launched the Crimson Custom Fund, an initiative that ultimately elevated far more than $150 million for athletic facility upgrades. Approximately every facility was had been upgraded adhering to the marketing campaign, which was completed in 2006. It also served as a crucial precursor to ultimately hiring Nick Saban as head coach of the football plan.
Crimson Tide quote of the working day:
“Mentor Moore is someone that I have a large amount of regard for. Very first, for supplying us the possibility to occur to the College of Alabama and the wonderful job he did on providing us on this College and what could be accomplished right here. Then, all of the guidance he has provided to our plan. He unquestionably justifies a large amount of credit score for the accomplishment we have had since of the way he sets the table and serves us so nicely. Most matters that you would see, he has had some hand in earning all of the athletic facilities what they are, to start with class in so numerous means. Extra than that, he is a class gentleman, possibly as great as you are ever likely to fulfill. He has been a wonderful buddy and his guidance has unquestionably been appreciated.” — Nick Saban soon after Mal Moore’s loss of life in 2013